Cucumber juice is a refreshing and enjoyable healthy juice. Cucumber juice is best in summer for the prevention of dehydration. Everyone highly likes cucumber juice. It contains 98% water, which boosts the cooling effect.
Cucumber is rich In;
How to make cucumber juice?Alright, you can make cucumber juice at home easily. It takes only 5 minutes.
- one cucumber
- one lemon
- 1 cup of water
- 4-5 mint leaves
- Firstly, wash the cucumbers, mint leaves and lemon well.
- Cut the cucumber ends away and then cut the cucumber into 2-3 pieces.
- Squeeze the lemon juice.
- Blend the cucumbers, mint leaves and lemon in 1 cup of water.
- Blend it for 30-60 seconds in a blender until no large chunks remain.
- Stain and enjoy.
Some variations in juiceCucumber has high water content and a mild flavour that pairs well with other fruits and vegetables.
- You can add an inch of ginger for more benefits.
- Swap the lime juice with the zest of lemon.
- Peel and slice a few carrots for iron.
- Add a handful of fresh greens vegetables like spinach, kale or collard to your cucumber juice.
- Blend it with an apple, orange, or some frozen pineapple or mango for natural sweetness.
- Add a tbsp of honey, a maple syrup, or a date for sweetness.
Nutritional InformationOne cup of cucumber juice contains;
|Vitamin A||36% of DV|
|Vitamin C||229% of DV|
|Calcium||4% of DV|
|Iron||4% of DV|
- Vitamin C
- Beta Carotene
- Several flavonoids
Benefits of Cucumber JuiceCucumbers contain vitamins, minerals and fibre, and they are low in calories, low fat, and low carbohydrate vegetable. They also have antioxidant properties, which may fight against free radicals, aid in weight loss and lower blood sugar levels. Cucumbers have high water content, so that’s why cucumbers are best in summers for proper hydration. For example;
- Cucumber contains a high level of several vitamins and minerals, including vitamin K, vitamin C, magnesium, potassium and manganese.
- They are high in several antioxidants, which combats oxidative stress within the body and reduce the risks of multiple chronic diseases, including diabetes, heart attack, eye degeneration and certain cancers.
- Cucumbers contain a good amount of potassium, which can help regulate sodium levels retained in kidneys in our bodies, potentially reducing blood pressure.
- They can also help boost skin and bone health due to the high Vitamin B and Vitamin K levels.
- Cucumber is also the best detoxifier. It assists in cleansing and detoxifying our bodies in several ways.
1. Promote weight lossCucumber is a powerhouse of antioxidants and boosts metabolism, which reduces weight. It is low in calories. Drink cucumber juice rather than sugary and soft drinks for best weight loss.
2. Hydrates your bodyCucumber contains 98% water and two potent compounds, ascorbic acid and caffeic acid, preventing water retention. Its high content of water boosts hydration and flushes out toxins. Your body can not function properly without water. According to the American Academy, you should aim to drink 6-8 glasses of water daily.
3. Relieves constipationCucumber acts as a natural laxative and can remedy chronic constipation. Cucumber juice is light on the bowel.
4. Boosts immunityCucumber juice provides the body with many minerals, compounds, and hormones that help protect your body from diseases. It is rich in antioxidants that protect you from seasonal infections.
5. Regulates blood pressureCucumber encourages the proper functioning of the body. It contains magnesium which can regulate blood pressure. Potassium is an electrolyte that helps regulate the amount of sodium retained by kidneys.
6. Boost energyCucumber juice is the most significant source of B vitamins; deficiency of B vitamins cause fatigue, irritability and poor concentration. Drinking cucumber juice ensure your body is supplied with these vitamins and leaves you full energetic.
7. Improve sleepCucumber juice can calm your nerves reduce anxiety and stress. It helps in improving the sleep cycle.
8. Good for skinPlacing cucumber slices on the face or eyes reduce dark circles and puffiness. Its high vitamins and minerals are suitable for the skin, leaving it rejuvenated. Cucumber’s high antioxidants calm inflammation in the body reduce redness, puffiness and blemishes. Staying hydrated helps your body flush out toxins that maintain a healthy complexion. Cucumber also contains vitamin B5 pantothenic acid, which fights against acne.
9. Good for hairsCucumber juice is extremely good for hair. It contains silicon and sulphur, which collectively stop hair fall and promote healthy growth.
10. Prevent cancerCucumber contains antioxidants that fight against cancer. One study in Cancer Research suggested that the dietary flavonoid FISETIN, cucumber, might help slow prostate cancer progression.
11. Good for eyesSpa treatments often involve placing cool cucumbers over the eyes to help with puffiness, but cucumbers can promote even greater eye health from the inside out. The antioxidants and Vitamin A in cucumber juice can reduce oxidative stress in the retina, helping us keep the clear and vibrant vision. The benefits of cucumber on the eye also delay or prevent macular degeneration with age.
- https://www.bmtfoods.com/ health benefits of cucumber juice /