The super food will give you super skin. Its anti-inflammatory properties can help calm redness, reduce the appearance of scarring, brighten skin and even help fight acne.
Turmeric is a common spice that comes from the root of Curcuma longa. It contains a chemical called curcumin, which might reduce swelling. Turmeric has a warm, bitter taste and is frequently used to flavor or color curry powders, mustards, butters and cheese. It is often used to treat conditions that involve pain and inflammation.
Honey is a sweet, viscous food substance made by honey bees and some other bees. Bees produce honey from the sugary secretions of plants, by regurgitation, enzymatic activity and water evaporation. It is a superfood that has anti-metastatic properties to prevent tumors and cancers. Boosts immune system.
Turmeric & Honey Face Mask:
Turmeric has been used for ages to help with both treating acne and encouraging healing. This DIY turmeric and honey face mask is very easy to make and perfect for everyone.
Turmeric has an ingredient that treat tiny red spots, acne and breakouts on face. This turmeric mask can also help with reducing inflammation and redness for those with eczema. Before trying this mask, must visit to your doctor. Antioxidant properties of turmeric is good for skin rejuvenation.
You can optionally add coconut oil to this face mask recipe. Coconut oil adds additional anti-bacterial and hydrating benefits. Coconut oil gives my skin a little added glow. You can also add milk in mask for additional benefits.
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 1 tsp coconut oil for additional benefits.
- Mix 2-3 ingredients together nicely. When you are ready to use mask, apply to a clean, dry face. This mask should not be uncomfortable at all, you must have to try this mask on a small area for test before applying on full face.
- Leave for 20 minutes.
- Your skin seemed tinted yellow after using this mask, almost giving you a jaundice appearance.
- Avoid leaving for overnight.
- Rinse it with warm water.
Note: A note about removing this mask. Used an older wash cloth to remove it, turmeric will likely stain a towel.
How to make a face mask?
The key to making a turmeric face mask;
- For acne and antibacterial concerns, combine turmeric with warm water and honey.
- For hyperpigmentation and wrinkles, combine turmeric with yogurt and lemon juice for extra nourishment and brightening effect.
- For irritation, mix turmeric with aloe vera gel for soothing effect.
- For antioxidant power, simply combine turmeric with water. (you may add a small amount of almond or rice flour to make this mask thicker and easier to apply)
Benefits of this mask:
Turmeric has a potential to reduce inflammation and irritation. Benefits include;
1. Reduce inflammation:
Honey and turmeric contain antioxidants that reduces inflammation and immediately calms the redness and irritation on skin.
2. Antibacterial potential:
The antibacterial and antifungal properties of turmeric help kill the bacteria that causes acne. A study found that curcumin is 36 times stronger than AZELIC acid in treating acne bacteria.
3. Acne treatment:
The combination of turmeric and honey is considered to be effective against acne as both of them boast antibacterial, antifungal, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
4. Antioxidant power:
As mentioned above, both honey and turmeric rich in antioxidants, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, which help in replenishing the skin. This mask work as anti-aging.
5. Reduce hyperpigmentation:
As well as lightening hyperpigmentation by preventing melanin production, a DIY turmeric face mask can exfoliate and brighten the skin.
6. Skin irritation:
Turmeric contains anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial and antioxidant properties, making it an appealing treatment option for variety of skin conditions, including eczema and atopic dermatitis.
7. Reduce wrinkles:
Turmeric contains photochemical called curcumin, which is good for skin rejuvenation. Turmeric can even soften and reduce the appearance of wrinkles, giving the face more youthful glow.
- Wait at least 1 day, if no reaction develops, it’s likely safe for you.
- Don’t use the mask if any redness, swelling or itchiness develop on patch test.
- Overdosing your skin with turmeric can also cause acne.
- If you are allergic, direct skin contact can cause irritation, redness and swelling.