The superfood will give you super skin. Its anti-inflammatory properties can help calm redness, reduce the appearance of scarring, brighten skin and even help fight acne.
Turmeric is a common spice that comes from the root of Curcuma longa. It contains a chemical called curcumin, which might reduce swelling. Turmeric has a warm, bitter taste and is frequently used to flavor or color curry powders, mustards, butter, and cheese. It is often used to treat conditions that involve pain and inflammation.
Honey is a sweet, viscous food substance made by honey bees and some other bees. Bees produce honey from the sugary secretions of plants by regurgitation, enzymatic activity, and water evaporation. It is a superfood that has anti-metastatic properties to prevent tumors and cancers. Boosts immune system.
Turmeric & Honey Face Mask:
Turmeric has been used for ages to help with both treating acne and encouraging healing. This DIY turmeric and honey face mask are easy to make and perfect for everyone.
Turmeric has an ingredient that treats tiny red spots, acne, and breakouts on the face. This turmeric mask can also help reduce inflammation and redness for those with eczema. Before trying this mask, you must visit your doctor. The antioxidant properties of turmeric are good for skin rejuvenation.
You can optionally add coconut oil to this face mask recipe. Coconut oil adds additional anti-bacterial and hydrating benefits. Coconut oil gives my skin a little added glow. You can also add milk to the mask for additional benefits.
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 1 tsp coconut oil for additional benefits.
- Mix 2-3 ingredients together nicely. When ready to use a mask, apply it to a clean, dry face. This mask should not be uncomfortable at all, and you must have to try this mask on a small area for test before applying it on your full face.
- Leave for 20 minutes.
- After using this mask, your skin seemed tinted yellow, almost giving you a jaundiced appearance.
- Avoid leaving overnight.
- Rinse it with warm water.
Note: A note about removing this mask. Use an older washcloth to remove it, and turmeric will likely stain a towel.
How to make a face mask?
The key to making a turmeric face mask;
- For acne and antibacterial concerns, combine turmeric with warm water and honey.
- For hyperpigmentation and wrinkles, combine turmeric with yogurt and lemon juice for extra nourishment and a brightening effect.
- For irritation, mix turmeric with aloe vera gel for a soothing effect.
- For antioxidant power, simply combine turmeric with water. (you may add a small amount of almond or rice flour to make this mask thicker and easier to apply)
Benefits of this mask:
Turmeric has the potential to reduce inflammation and irritation. Benefits include;
1. Reduce inflammation:
Honey and turmeric contain antioxidants that reduce inflammation and immediately calm the redness and irritation of the skin.
2. Antibacterial potential:
The antibacterial and antifungal properties of turmeric help kill the bacteria that cause acne. A study found that curcumin is 36 times stronger than AZELIC acid in treating acne bacteria.
3. Acne treatment:
The combination of turmeric and honey is effective against acne as both boast antibacterial, antifungal, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant properties.
4. Antioxidant power:
As mentioned above, honey and turmeric are rich in antioxidants and antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, which help replenish the skin. This mask work as an anti-aging.
5. Reduce hyperpigmentation:
As well as lightening hyperpigmentation by preventing melanin production, a DIY turmeric face mask can exfoliate and brighten the skin.
6. Skin irritation:
Turmeric contains anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, and antioxidant properties, making it an appealing treatment option for various skin conditions, including eczema and atopic dermatitis.
7. Reduce wrinkles:
Turmeric contains a photochemical called curcumin, which is suitable for skin rejuvenation. Turmeric can even soften and reduce the appearance of wrinkles, giving the face a more youthful glow.
- Wait at least 1 day, and if no reaction develops, it’s likely safe for you.
- Don’t use the mask if redness, swelling, or itchiness develops on the patch test.
- Overdosing your skin with turmeric can also cause acne.
- Direct skin contact can cause irritation, redness, and swelling if you are allergic.