The red ring that appears around your lips is an inflammatory rash that can create serious health issues such as perioral dermatitis, allergies, dehydration, and irritation. Usually, it is red, but it maybe seems brown on darker skin. It is most commonly observed in the women of the twenty to forty-five years age group, but it can also be found in all ages, races, and ethnicities. Even it can also be expected in children of any age. If the infection gets over, still its marks can last weeks and months.
CausesIf a person is unsure about the cause, they should immediately see a doctor. Knowing the reason behind infection is always be helpful in the treatment of disease. The skin around the mouth and lips got red or looked allergic for many reasons. Some common reasons for this problem are discussed below:
- A red, scaly, or bumpy rash
- Redness or inflammation around the mouth
- Itching or burning of the skin
- Avoid using steroid creams and steroid inhalers: One of the most common reasons for this infection is using topical steroid creams or steroid inhalers over a long time. It results in skin irritation or rosacea. So, to avoid this infection, keep yourself away from the overuse of steroid creams and inhalers.
- Avoid heavy creams and moisturizers: Like models or actresses, some have to apply makeup tones daily. The heavy face creams and moisturizers they use on skin result in this infection. So, try to avoid them if you want to avoid this problem.
- Avoid Fluorinated toothpaste: Try to brush correctly so that the toothpaste foam cannot come out of your mouth. Because the fluorinated toothpaste turned your skin dry, resulting in this infection. That is why try to be careful while brushing.
Wash your face with a mild soap or soap substitute to avoid irritation and infection.
Lack of Oil
Irritation or allergies
- Makeup products
- Face Creams
- Dental products
- Facial products having alcohol
Overexposure to the Sun
Home Remedies to avoid red ring around your lipsIf your skin is continuously dry and has rashes on it, consider seeing a dermatologist for treatment. Meantime, some of the following tips will help you to get rid of this problem:
Gently cleanse the area around lips daily
Using Sunflower Seed Oil
Exfoliate dry skin
Use a humidifier in winter and limit air conditioning
- https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/325051#diagnosis retrieved on February 7, 2022.
- https://health.howstuffworks.com/skin-care/lip-care/health/red-ring-around-lips.htm retrieved on February 7, 2022.
- https://www.wral.com/chapped-lips-taming-the-red-ring-curing-the-winter-problem/15257961/ retrieved on February 7, 2022.
- https://how.co/ht/review-how-to-get-rid-of-red-ring-around-lips-31170/ retrieved on February 7, 2022.