Our hands are lovely busy all over the day. Our handwork reveals them to various elements, making our palms rough, hard, and dry. Nature has provided us with multiple ingredients that can help infuse life into our hands and make them soft and smooth when used correctly.
Many of your daily activities take their toll on your hands. But there are many ways to restore their softness and keep them soft, including;
- Physical protection
- Proper washing
Easy ways to make your hands soft:
To get your hands to make out smooth and soft easily and naturally, we’ve put together a bunch of safe techniques, combining some good old home remedies and a bunch of quick-fix solutions.
1. Almond oil
Almond oil has fatty acids that can help moisturize your skin and soften your hands. Naturally occurring fatty acids play a vital role in making hands soft and smooth.
- Apply almond oil over your hands.
- Leave it for a few minutes.
- You can also wear gloves if oil is left on your skin overnight.
- Do this once or more daily.
2. Aloe vera
Aloe vera extract is plentiful in polysaccharides that can help moisturize your skin. Aloe vera extract has long played a role in beauty products.
- Extract a tbsp of gel from an aloe vera leaf.
- Blend the aloe vera gel and apply it to your hands.
- Leave it on the hands for 10-20 minutes, then wash it.
- Freeze the remaining gel for further use.
- Do this 1-2 times daily.
3. Raw honey
Honey doesn’t just make for a delicious diet; its texture and composition can also be utilized for the goodness of skin health. Honey can hydrate, calm and moisturize your skin. The emollient nature of love can soften hands.
- Take a minute amount of raw honey in your hands.
- Spread it gently on both hands.
- Leave it on for 15-20 minutes. Then rinse it.
- Do this twice a day.
4. Sugar scrub
The accumulation of dry skin cells on your hands can also cause them to become dehydrated. The grainy texture of sugar granules can aid in exfoliating your skin. In most cases, the prime reason for your hands not being moisturized.
- You will need 1 tbsp of sugar and ½ tbsp of coconut oil.
- Blend a tbsp of sugar with half tbsp of coconut oil.
- Apply it to your hands
- Scrub gently.
- Rinse with water.
- Apply a good moisturizer.
- Do this 1-2 times a week.
5. Egg yolks
Many tips are mentioned here; this one tends to be the most surprising. Eggs are beneficial when ingested and are even used for improving hair health. Egg yolk is rich in lecithin, a soothing agent that helps condition the skin. It is generally used in skin conditioning agents.
- Beat the egg yolk well.
- Put the yolk in your hands and leave it on for 10-20 minutes.
- Rinse with mild soap and water to eliminate the foul egg odor.
- Do this 3-4 times a week.
Many healthy food items appear to have additional benefits and various uses. Oatmeal moisturizes the skin and improves skin barrier function. Hence, it can help relieve dry skin, making your hands softer with every use.
- You will need 1 tbsp of powdered oatmeal and ½ tbsp of coconut oil.
- Add ½ tbsp coconut oil to 1 tbsp of oatmeal powder.
- Mix it well
- Apply it to your hands.
- Leave it for 10-15 minutes before washing it out.
- You can also use moisturizers, which are made of oatmeal.
- Do this once a week.
7. Coconut oil
Coconut oil has plenty of uses. It also acts as a soothing agent, much like honey, which helps accentuate the presence of moisture in the skin. The soothing properties of coconut oil can help improve skin hydration and increase lipid levels on the skin surface. The topical application of coconut oil can assist in making your hands soft.
- Apply coconut oil to both hands.
- Put gloves on your hands to help the oil penetrate your skin.
- Leave it on overnight or for a few hours.
- Do this twice a day.
8. Petroleum jelly
Using petroleum jelly is a good one when it comes to moisturization. Vaseline has powerful moisturizing properties. That’s why Vaseline is used as a lip balm.
- Apply a thin layer of Vaseline to both your hands before bedtime.
- Wear a light cotton glove.
- Do this every night.
9. Avocado oil
Avocado oil is an abundant source of antioxidants, essential fatty acids, vitamins, and minerals. The absorbent oil is thought to have numerous benefits for the skin, like moisturizing dry hands or acting as a natural sunblock.
- Apply a tiny amount of avocado oil to your hands.
- Leave it on for 10-15 minutes.
- Do this 2-3 times a week.
10 Rosewater + Glycerin
Using glycerin with other products, such as lemon and rose water, may help revive dull and dry skin for easier exfoliation. These ingredients work well simultaneously because glycerin provides hydration and moisturization, while rose water is an astringent.
- Mix 1 cup of rose water with 2-3 tbsp of glycerin.
- Apply this mixture to your hands.
- Do this 2-3 times a day.
How do you prevent dry hands?
If your work conditions cause your dry hands. Always look for a moisturizer that contains the following ingredients such as;
- Jojoba oil
- Cocoa butter
- Aloe vera
Here is a list of all that you can get;
|Skin Rejuvenation||Sweet Almond Oil|
|Skin Care and Upkeep||Aloe Vera Gel|
|Hand Wash and Sanitizer||Organic Soaps|
|Everyday Moisturized Hands||Hand Cream or rose water + Glycerin solution|
|Long-Lasting Soft Hands||Petroleum Jelly|