Apple cider vinegar is produced from the fermented apple juice used in salad dressings, marinades, food preservatives and chutneys. It is made by crushing apples then squeezing out the juice. Mix one part apple cider vinegar with one part water, and you’re ready to roll. You can use this diluted vinegar to wipe down various hard surfaces like kitchen counters. This diluted vinegar has enough acid to remove stuck debris and bacteria. At the same time, it isn’t acidic enough to harm your surfaces. You don’t have to refrigerate apple cider vinegar once it’s opened. Store it in a cabinet, away from direct sunlight. Apple cider vinegar is highly acidic. Because of this, it’s unlikely to be contaminated with pathogens.
It probably contains;
Nutritional Information:100 grams of apple cider vinegar contain;
|Total fat||0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||0.9 g|
- Some pectin
- Vitamin B1
- Vitamin B2
- Vitamin B6
- Folic acid
- Pantothenic acid
- Vitamin C
Benefits of Apple Cider VinegarWhile drinking apple cider vinegar is associated with health benefits, consuming a large amount of apple cider vinegar every day for many years can be dangerous. ACV is a kitchen staple that has several impressive health benefits. Some benefits are;
1. Lower blood sugarResearch published in the Journal of diabetes suggests that vinegar helps people with diabetes; insulin work more efficiently, enhancing post-meal blood sugar levels. Because it works to increase insulin reactivity, vinegar could help prevent type 2 diabetes in high-risk individuals.
2. Helps to feel completeApple cider vinegar helps to promote fullness due to delayed stomach emptying. It may lead to lower calorie intake. It may reduce your weight and belly fat.
3. Preserve foodVinegar has been used for ages to preserve food, but ACV is achieving more acceptance these days thanks to its fruity and melodic flavour. Just add 2-3 tbsp of ACV in any recipe and keep them longer than you thought. ACV is highly acidic and has antimicrobial properties that make it a self-preserving pantry stable.
4. Act as deodoriserApple cider vinegar has antibacterial properties. It naturally eliminates odours without chemicals, so dilute it with an equal part of water, add to a spray bottle and spritz it around your living room for a fresh, clean scent. Studies have shown that ACV kills bacteria and improves indoor air quality.
5. Improve sore throatACV has antibacterial properties, which may help with sore throats caused by bacterial infections. Bacterial infections usually require antibiotics. Viruses cause most sore throats. Gargling with ACV is a popular home remedy for sore throat.
6. Act as facial tonerS report that this could have a cleansing effect on the skin. ACV also contain acetic acid with antimicrobial action. It can reduce bacteria on the skin, including acne-causing bacteria, making ACV good for acne.
7. Act as a trapperPour a little apple cider vinegar into a glass, or remove the cap from the bottle. Then poke some holes for the fruit flies to enter. They cannot resist the scent of vinegar, and they won’t be able to exist once they’re inside. The sweet, pungent odour of ACV attracts fruit flies to the bowl. The dish soaps cut the vinegar’s surface tension, which causes the flies to sink and down upon contact with the surface of the liquid mixture.
8. Boil eggs betterAdding ACV to water for boiling eggs can help produce consistently good eggs. The protein in white eggs firms up more quickly when exposed to a more acidic liquid. When boiling eggs, vinegar can also speed up the coagulation of egg white. It can be helpful if the shell cracks while the egg is cooked.
9. Useful for MarinadeAcidic ingredients like vinegar, lemon juice, yoghurt and wine weaken collagen and protein in meat. Once the protein is broken by acid, one loose protein can bond with another and trap liquid in the heart, making it juicy and tender. Marinades are used to give flavour to the meat. It also helps to eliminate the impurities from beef.
10. Useful in bathACV also help with a variety of skin problems, and adding it to your bath can amp up your skincare routine. It has potent antimicrobial properties that may help ease skin infections and soothe irritation. As a mild acid, ACV may help restore the skin’s natural pH balance.
11. Rinse hair and remove dandruffACV contain vitamins and minerals that are good for hair. It contains vitamin C and B and alpha hydroxy acid, which helps exfoliate scalp skin, and it’s anti-inflammatory, which can help with dandruff. ACV remove product buildup, detangles, and add shine to hairs.
12. Adds in sauce and soupAdd ACV in sauce and soup for taste and flavour.
13. Used as mouthwashACV acidity can deteriorate your tooth enamel, so I suggest diluting it before using the vinegar as a mouthwash. Mix 1 tsp ACV and 1 cup of water for best results. It kills harmful bacteria from your mouth.
14. Dish detergentRinsing your dishes in apple cider vinegar could kill off any unwanted bacteria and keep them clean.
15. Get a ride from fleasApple cider vinegar may help prevent your pet from getting fleas. Spraying a mixture of 1 part water and 1 part ACV on your pet will create an environment where fleas won’t come.
Apple Cider Vinegar Benefits for HairScience supports apple cider vinegar as a hair rinser. It could help strengthen hair and improve lustre by decreasing hair and scalp PH. It may also keep ugly scalp infections and itchiness at bay.
Proven benefits for hair
- It helps in balancing your scalp and hair PH.
- After shampoo, ACV rinse can do wonders and leave your hair shiny, smooth and soft.
- It tames rough hair cuticles and fights split ends.
- It can add natural body and define curls
- Effective for hair growth
- Add shine in hairs
- Improve damaging of hair
- Give thickness to your hairs
- Reduce frizzy hairs
- Make your hair healthy
Homemade hair mask of ACV
- 1 tbsp ACV
- 4 tbsp water
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp olive oil
How to make and use for deep conditioning hair mask?Mix all the ingredients in a bowl until it becomes smooth. Apply to your scalp and leave it for 10-15 minutes. Wash your hair with water. You don’t need to shampoo your hair after using this hair mask. It conditions your strands and also saves your hairs from damage.