Firstly I tell you that what is belly fat? Belly fat is fat around our abdomen. It is also called Abdominal Obesity. There are two types of fat,
- Visceral Fat. Fat that surrounds the organ is visceral fat.
- Subcutaneous Fat. It presents under the skin.
Practical Tips to Lose Belly FatHere is the main point: what are the guidelines or tips for belly fat. There are several tips to lose belly fat, but I will explain some important ones here.
1. Avoid Sugary FoodsSugary foods and beverages contain sugar. Added sugar contains high fructose; fructose may reduce the process of fat burning. Avoid sugary food such as candies, soda bottles, tea, flavoured coffee, and cakes helps you reduce belly fat and weight.
2. Avoid Fast/Fatty OR Processed FoodProcessed foods contain high calories and fat that give nothing to us. Foods like white bread, white rice, and products made with refined flour are easily digestible, but these foods lead to a rapid spike of sugar in blood and insulin after a meal. Hence, avoid extra processed/ fatty foods and add whole grains that give you good and help you reduce belly fat.
3. Physical ActivityPhysical activity is a must for everyone because it changes your body and changes your mind, mood, and strength. A sedentary life is the leading cause of belly fat because there is no PA in that life. Women who sit continuously for more than 3-4 hours are at high risk of Abdominal Obesity. Exercise is a must for everyone for at least 30 minutes. If you get some extra/free time then it compulsory, do other activities like games etc.
4. Sleep CycleSleeping for less than 5-6 hours may increase your weight/weight gain. Similarly, if you sleep more than 8 hours also does the same. People who have a sleep disorder are obese/weight gain issues. Adequate sleep makes you happy and fresh all day.
5. Do Not Take StressStress is also a significant factor that destroys you. Stressing out a lot can release “cortisol” (Cortisol is a steroid hormone), increasing abdominal obesity. Stress disturbs the sleep cycle, eating patterns and high intake of alcohol drinking that leads to abdominal obesity. Medications and breathing in and out help you relieve stress, making you feel good.
6. Avoid Alcohol UseAlcohol use makes you obese, and obesity leads to diseases like Heart attack, Stroke, Inflammation, Liver Failure and other health issues. Some studies show that increased intake of alcohol stops the fat-burning process and that unburned fat is deposited to the belly/abdomen.
7. SmokingSmoking causes many health issues, and these issues give you stress. Smoking localises the fat in the abdomen.
8. Adopt Healthy HabitsMindful eating Is the key to preventing abdominal fat. Overeating can cause by the consumption of excess food that contains high calories. Eat healthy and fresh foods, exercise, keep your mind fresh and accessible. Do some activities.
10. Monitor YourselfCheck your daily routine and waistline. Use food diaries and record activities for effective weight/belly fat loss.
11. Portion SizeControl your servings and portion size. To control overeating, serve your food on a plate rather than put dishes on a table and eat unconsciously. Controlling portion size helps you manage the amount of food you eat daily.
12. Try FastingUse alternate days for fasting and give a long time between 2 meals that help reduce belly fat.
13. High Protein DietA high protein diet increases the metabolic rate that burns calories. It increases muscle mass and prevents abdominal obesity.
14. Restrict carbsTake low carbs and low glycemic index foods like oats, barley, vegetables and nuts that reduce fat.
15. Consume More FiberEat fibre rich foods that stimulate early satiety—avocado, flaxseeds, legumes, psyllium husk and blackberries that contain plenty of soluble fibre.
16. Read LabelsWhen purchasing something from a store, read the label because food labels reveal a lot. Identify the amount of sugar, fat and protein.
17. Hang out with FriendsHang out with friends that are good, health-conscious and motivated.
18. ExerciseAerobic exercise builds lean muscle mass and burns calories. Daily do some activities and walk. If you go to the mall, use stairs instead of elevators that add more PA and reduce fat.
Consume Antioxidant FoodsFood rich in antioxidants helps reduce fat like fruits, green leafy vegetables, green tea, etc.
1. Eat FishEat fish three times a week because fish contains omega-3 fatty acids that may facilitate fat burning.
2. Vitamin DVitamin D fortified foods reduce food cravings, reduce fat storage, and aid weight loss.
3. Stay HydratedDrink water more and more. Drinking water leads to consuming fewer calories. Drinking water before a meal gives you a feeling of fulfilment. Drink tape water.
4. OilUse olive oil and coconut oil for cooking and salad dressing.
5. Exercise that Burns Belly FatYour aim and first step are burning off visceral fat by including 30 minutes of exercise or cardio in your daily routine. Some cardio exercises are,